Tamago sando - Japanese sandwich with mayonnaise and eggs
Tamago sando (たまごサンド) is an extremely popular Japanese sandwich. In Japan you can buy it almost everywhere, especially in konbini.
For this recipe I used ajitama egg, but that's optional.
- 2 slices of white sandwich bread
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 small piece of butter
- 1 ajitama egg (optional)
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes. Cool them in ice water and shell them.
- Remove the bread crust.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mash them with a fork. Add salt, pepper mayonnaise. Mix until you obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Stuff the slices of bread and place the ajitama egg in the centre. Close the sandwich and compact it by wrapping it with transparent film. With a sharp knife, cut the sandwiches in half.