Soy sauce tteokbokki
Soy sauce tteokbokki (간장떡볶이) is a non-spicy and slightly crunchy alternative to the classic recipe.
- 1 serving of cylindrical tteokbokki
- 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup (or honey)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped spring onion (only the green part)
- 1 handful of sesame seeds
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, syrup, mirin and toasted sesame oil in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook the tteokbokki following the instructions on the package. If the dumplings stick together during cooking, add a drop of vegetable oil.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and pour the drained tteokbookki into it. Sauté for a few minutes to form a crunchy outer crust.
- Pour in the sauce and caramelise.
- Pour the tteokbokki into a bowl and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
(This article contains affiliate links)