It is the cabbage roll with meat prepared in the Japanese style. This recipe is part of the home preparations and is excellent to make for cold weather.
Here is the recipe for kyabetsu roll!
- 4 large cabbage leaves
- 250 g of minced pork
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 piece of ginger of 1 cm
- 1 shiitake mushroom
- 25 g of steamed rice
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 spoonful of sake
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 200 ml of dashi broth
- Japanese mustard
- Soak the shiitake mushroom for a couple of hours (it should become soft).
- Gently squeeze the mushroom and keep the soaking water aside. Remove the stem and cut it into very small cubes.
- Mix the minced mushroom together with the minced pork, the ginger, the onion, 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce, a pinch of salt, the rice and 200ml of water.
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan. Dip the cabbage leaves in it and cook for 1 minute. Rinse immediately with cold water.
- Prepare the rolls by placing the filling in the center of the leaf and folding the sides to create a bundle.
- Put the rolls in a pan so that they are very close together. Add the shiitake water, 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, a pinch of salt, sake, mirin, and dashi broth. Turn on the heat and bring to a boil, then lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with Japanese mustard on the side.