Ramen - chashu, nitamago, noodles
INGREDIENTS FOR CHASHU (roast pork belly)
- 100 gr rolled pork belly and tied with kitchen string
- 100 gr water
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 kombu seaweed leaf
- 1 tbsp sake
- 1 tablespoon of mirin
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 slices of ginger
- 1 piece of spring onion
- Put a drizzle of oil in a pan with high sides and heat.
- Brown the pork belly on all sides.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for at least 1 hour and a quarter.
- Turn off the flame and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Remove the string and cut into not too thin slices, keeping the little cooking broth left and filter it.
INGREDIENTS FOR NITAMAGO (marinated egg)
- rice or apple vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoon of water
- In a saucepan, bring water to the boil with the vinegar. Add the egg and cook for 5 minutes. Once passed, put the egg in a saucer and let it cool to room temperature. Peel it gently.
- Put the soy sauce, mirin, sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cook for a couple of minutes and then allow to cool to room temperature.
- Put the egg in the cooled sauce and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, in order to marinate it.
INGREDIENTS FRESH NOODLES - 250 gr of flour - 110 gr of natural water - 2.5 g of kansui (if it's possible to buy it) - 5 gr of salt
PREPARATION OF FRESH NOODLES
- Dissolve the salt and baking soda in the natural water inside a bowl. Pour the flour inside and proceed with sandblasting. - Knead the dough into a ball. Insert the ball into a plastic bag and let it sit for 20 minutes. - After the time, put the bag tightly closed with the dough on the ground and work it with your feet (this technique will allow you to obtain a perfect dough). After 5 minutes remove the dough from the bag and work it by hand for another 15 minutes. If you don't want to knead the dough with your feet (recommended technique), work it by hand for 25 minutes. - Reform a ball and put it back in the bag. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. - Dust the work surface with flour and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. For a perfect result, proceed with the pasta machine: form a puff pastry at level 3, fold it on itself and pass it over to level 2 thick (sprinkling with flour between one passage and the next. Then proceed by cutting the noodles.
(This article contains affiliated links)