Peanut butter udon
This recipe is an American take on the Chinese Shaxian noodles recipe. I used Japanese udon, because I love the texture, but they can be replaced with your favorite noodles.
Here's the peanut butter udon recipe!
- 1 portion udon (I used the pre-cooked ones to be found in boiling water for 1 minute)
- 1 large spoonful of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (I used tobanjan)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 crushed garlic
- 1 piece grated ginger
- finely sliced spring onion (only the green part)
- crumbled peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- Prepare the creamy sauce by mixing the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, hot sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger and a little hot water in a bowl.
- Cook the udon and drain them.
- Mix the udon with the sauce. Garnish with crumbled peanuts, sesame seeds and spring onion.
(This article contains affiliate links)