Pajeon - Korean savory pancake with spring onion
Pajeon (파전) is Korean savory pancake with spring onion.
In South Korea it is usually eaten at home during rainy days, being considered a comfort food.
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 whole spring onions: the green part cut in half, the white one sliced
- 1/2 glass of cold water
- vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- sesame seeds
- Mix flour, cornstarch, salt and water in a bowl. Add the beaten egg and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and pour the batter with the spring onion. Once the pajeon is cooked on one side, flip it like an omelette and continue cooking. Both sides should be golden brown and crunchy.
- Prepare the accompanying sauce by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut the pajeon into squares to be dipped one at a time in the accompanying sauce.
(This article contains affiliate links)