Miso ramen (味噌 ラ ー メ ン) is one of the most popular ramen variations.
- 1 serving of ramen noodles
- chicken carcass with bones (I used wings)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 piece of leek
- 2 slices of ginger
- garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of katsuobushi
- 1 tablespoon of corn
- 1 spring onion (the white part finely cut lengthwise, the green part cut into thin rings)
- 1 kombu seaweed leaf
- 2 tablespoons of corn
- 1 tablespoon of blanched bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of menma
INGREDIENTS FOR THE TARE
- 1 piece of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon miso (I used the red one)
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of white toasted sesame seeds
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
PREPARATION OF THE TARE
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Leave to cool at room temperature.
PREPARATION OF RAMEN
- Place the chicken, onion, leek, ginger, garlic, katsuobushi and kombu seaweed in a saucepan. Simmer for at least three hours.
- Strain the broth into another pot using a sieve. Melt the miso in it.
- Cook the noodles following the package directions.
- Prepare the bowl by adding the tare sauce, the hot broth and the noodles.
- Garnish the ramen with corn, ajitama, menma, bean sprouts and spring onion. Serve hot.