Maguro zuke don - marinated tuna on rice in bowl
Maguro zuke don (マグロ漬け丼) is marinated tuna on rice bowl.
For this recipe you need very fresh tuna: if you are not good at cutting it you can buy it as sashimi.
- 1 slice fresh tuna (or already cut into sashimi)
- 1 portion washed and steamed sushi rice
- 1 spoon sake
- 1 table spoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 finely chopped spring onion (only the green part)
- Sesame seeds
- 1 fresh yolk
- Prepare the tuna marinade by pouring sake and mirin into a pot. Bring to a boil and then turn off the flame. Add soy sauce and mix. leave to cool at room temperature.
- Combine the sliced tuna and the marinade in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour the rice into a bowl, arrange the slices of marinated tuna and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds. Add the egg yolk.
(This article contains affiliate links)