Kurigohan - Japanese chestnut rice
Kurigohan (栗 ご 飯) is the Japanese chestnut rice.
- 6 large chestnuts washed well
- 1 serving rice
- 1 spoon soy sauce
- 1 spoon sake
- sesame seeds
- Cook the chestnuts in a pan, with a lid, for 30 minutes. Then peel them.
- Wash the rice with cold water until it is clear.
- Place the rice in a pot or rice cooker together with the soy sauce, sake and chestnuts. Add water (the ratio is 1:1 for each cup of rice).
Proceed with cooking:
POT: bring to the boil, cover with a lid and lower the heat to minimum and cook without ever removing the lid for 15 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes, always without removing the lid.
COOKER: set the rice cooker and, once the rice is cooked, leave to rest for 5 minutes without removing the lid.
- Serve and sprinkle with sesame seeds.