South Korea is famous for quirky Italian-inspired pasta preparations, Korean carbonara is just one of many examples.
The recipe for gochuchang pasta, or Italian pasta topped with a creamy sauce based on very spicy Korean pasta, has recently gone viral on TikTok. You can use any type of pasta you prefer for this recipe.
Here's the gochujang pasta recipe!
- 1 portion of pasta
- 1 tbsp gochujang (or decide the quantity according to your taste)
- 1 clove of crushed garlic (or decide the quantity according to your taste)
- vegetable oil
- 1 cooking cream
- 1 piece of butter
- finely chopped spring onion (only the green part)
- grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water for the times indicated on the package.
- Prepare the sauce in a pan by frying the garlic in the vegetable oil. Then add the gochujang and cream, stirring.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and stir in the butter with little cooking water.
- Garnish with the spring onion and Parmesan and serve immediately.