Gamja jorim - soy and honey glazed potatoes
Gamja jorim (감자조림) is a great snack or, better still, a Korean side dish to be eaten hot or cold.
- 200 g potatoes peeled and cut into large pieces
- vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 piece grated ginger
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 finely chopped spring onion (only the green part)
- Sesame seeds
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the soy sauce, mirin, ginger, garlic, sugar and honey in a bowl.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a frying pan together with the potatoes. Mix until the external brown crust is formed.
- Pour in the sauce, stir until absorbed and caramelised.
- Garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
(This article contains affiliate links)