Bibim guksu - spicy cold noodles
Bibim guksu (비빔국수) is a spicy cold noodle dish that is popular during the incredibly hot Korean summer.
For hot spices, adjust according to your degree of tolerance.
- 1 serving somyeon (thin wheat noodles)
- 1/2 boiled egg
- 1 piece thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 piece thinly sliced daikon
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoon kimchi
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sesame seeds
- ice cubes
- Finely chop the kimchi in a bowl, pour gochugaru, gochujang, toasted sesame oil, rice vinegar, sugar, ice. Mix and keep aside.
- Cook the somyeons according to the package directions. Drain, cool with cold water and drain again.
- Pour the samyeon into the bowl with the kimchi and mix.
- Serve garnishing with cucumber, daikon, hard-boiled egg and sesame seeds.